Lofrans Cayman 88 Windlass 1000 Watt 12V DC
To make a windlass, it is extremely important to select light weight, high mechanical strength and corrosion proof materials and to increase durability by chemical or galvanic treatments thus improving anti-corrosion properties.
It is essential to manufacture and design all the components of the windlass, avoiding the use of motors, gearboxes or other components not coming from the marine field.
It's certainly more economic, but far less appropriate in the harsh environment that yachts and boats find themselves sailing in.
For this reason, all the components of a Lofrans' windlass are designed and manufactured for a harsh marine environment, despite the increase in costs in comparison with industrial components available in the market.
The Cayman 88 Windlass is;
- Constructed with special marine grade aluminum alloy
- Hot forged gypsy in special bronze for a better mechanical strength
- Emergency manual override
- Supplied with Gypsy for 5/16" HT G40 Chain (Other chain sizes are available upon request.)
- Haulage speed: 20 Mt/Min (1,000 Watt) kg 50
- Current draw: 70-100 Amp (1,000 Watt 12 Volt)
- Maximum pull: 900 Kg (1,980 lb)
- Weight: 21 Kg (44 lbs)
- The main shaft is in stainless AISI 431 with a high mechanical strength.
- The body of the windlass, the drum and various components are made in a special aluminum alloy, polished and anodized.
- The worm-wheel is in alloy bronze - worm is in 38NCD4 steel.
- Screws and outer components are in stainless AISI 304 or AISI 316.
- The Lofrans gearbox is made for high mechanical efficiency and designed for marine use.
- The gearbox ratio from 1/50 up to 1/75 is the right compromise between performance and speed.
- The long life oil bath lubrication protects the internal components of the gearbox from wear and tear and reduces the noise.
- The gear case is black anodized for long-life protection.
- The Lofrans electric motors are manufactured to IP 56 degree of protection (DIN 40 050) - protection against deck water
- Shaft, screws, nuts and cover made in stainless steel
- Electric motor case protected by a black paint.
Cayman ships with Solenoid Control Box. Switches and 100A Circuit Breaker are required and sold separately.
Note: The Cayman Gypsy is a Chain Only gypsy, and is not intended for use with a combination rope/chain anchor rode.
Lofrans Installation And User's Manual: Atlas Cayman 88 Tigres & Falkon
Lofrans Cayman Footprint