Spinlock Deckvest VITO Offshore 170N Hammar Hydrostatic Inflatable Lifejacket DW-VT/H170
The Spinlock Deckvest VITO is the latest Spinlock inflatable lifejacket harness technology, based on their design work for the 2017-2018 Volvo Ocean Race.
All teams were equipped with the same Spinlock inflatable lifejacket harness developed in collaboration with a core group of Volvo offshore sailors.
Fundamental to the new design was a lifejacket that crews actually wanted to wear more frequently, with developed custom features.
The VITO utilizes the Hammar® Hydrostatic Automatic Inflator inflation system that is activated by water pressure and will not inflate until the cap is approximately 10 cm underwater. This system is designed for use in more extreme conditions and extended offshore sailing.
The benefit of the Hammar® system is that the jacket cannot accidentally inflate from being wet with rain and sea spray. The unit has a single indicator to show if armed. (Only use Re-Arm Kit DW-RAH/V170)
NOTE: Delayed inflation can be caused if full immersion of the Firing Head is delayed by buoyant foul weather clothing.
The resulting Spinlock VITO Offshore 170N Hammar Lifejacket features:
The Deckvest VITO is a 170N lifejacket with integrated Deck safety Harness that can be upgraded with an optional unique Spinlock Harness Release System (HRSTM). This revolutionary system has evolved directly from the development work with the Volvo Ocean Race, and is in the final stage of approval testing and will be launched in early 2019.
- Striking design finish in durable ripstop fabric
- 170N buoyancy with Hammar® hydrostatic automatic inflator
- Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
- Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size.
- Fine tune adjust each time for layers
- Added protection in high impact areas
- New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Pylon Lifejacket Light™ – high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
- Lume-On™ - Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Wider 40 mm leg strap with stowage
- Toggle attachment point for optional Chest Pack (DW-PCC)
- One size fits all
is a unique system that ensures a simple release from a safety line, even when fully loaded. It is easily accessible with either hand, but significantly reduces the risk of an accidental snag or release.
The Spinlock Deckvest VITO is approved to the following international standards:
NOTE: This is not a Transport Canada Approved Lifejacket or PFD.
- CE Approved
- ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
- ISO 12401 Deck Harness
- Weight: 1,240g