Maxwell RC10 Lo Profile 10mm 3/8" 1200 Watt 12Volt:
Maxwell's all new RC Rope Chain series windlasses proudly follow in the highly successful footsteps of the Freedom, Liberty and HRC fully automatic rope/chain anchor winches. Every Maxwell automatic rope/chain windlass is available with all the necessary components for fully automatic dual direction control in a competitively priced package.
Maxwell’s revolutionary new chainwheel once again leads the market in innovative thinking, with the introduction of the Wave Design™ chainwheel. This patented rope/chain wheel incorporates two unique design concepts that greatly improve the handling and control of the rope/chain spliced rode.
The outer ribs of the chainwheel are angled slightly forward ensuring that the rope and the chain are smoothly guided in the wheel during anchor retrieval. As the rope pulls into the wheel, the opposite facing inner ribs grip the rope in an undulating manner, securing the rope more firmly in a 'wave pattern' action that is far superior to the traditional 'jam cleat' manner of holding the rope compared to all other products on the market.
Not only does this Wave Design™ hold the rope more securely, it is also kinder on the rope resulting in increased longevity of your anchor rode. The Wave Design™ Chainwheel is fitted to all RC Series windlasses, designed for anchor rodes with any marine grade chain, G4, BBB, Proof Coil and Metric. No need to worry about HT or BBB or Proof Coil —the chainwheel handles all short link marine grade chain!
- The combined stainless steel and chromed bronze RC10 fully automatic windlass series is designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 10mm (3/8”) short link chain and 14mm and 16mm (5/8”) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
- Sleek, Low Profile design.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass. Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks utilising only the handle provided and an Allen key.
- The RC10 is manufactured from marine-grade 316 stainless steel and chromed bronze for long term durability. The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm, coupled with the unique rope/chain gypsy, is designed to effectively grasp the splice between rope and chain, giving the RC10 an unparalleled level of performance.
- In combination with a heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm pivots on a trouble free bearing, thereby exerting maximum control pressure on the rode and splice.
- The RC10 works just as effectively with all chain rodes for those who desire a Low Profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, Free Fall anchoring.
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodised, alloy gear
** Note: Gypsy will not accept mooring chain.